Review us on Google
If you’re happy with your experience, we’d love for you to post a review on Google.
Click the button below to get started.
Tips for Referring to Kristen Brown, ARNP
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
- Functional Medicine – getting to root cause instead of putting a bandaid on symptoms
- Master’s research on Compulsive Overeating – she is comfortable with and sensitive to patients with eating disorders
- Team approach to wellness – including patient and family, nutrition, therapist, etc.
- Education for patient/family through entire process – knowledge is power
- Spends more time with her patients than traditional western medicine providers
- Free 10-minute phone consults are available before you book your first visit
Functional Medicine differs from traditional western medicine by working to find and treat the root cause of your symptoms instead of putting a bandaid on your symptoms to temporarily suppress them.
As a graduate of The Institute for Functional Medicine’s Certification Program (IFMCP), Kristen Brown is uniquely trained in the Functional Medicine model to identify and treat the root causes of chronic disease. In order to achieve the designation of IFM Certified Practitioner, Kristen Brown, completed 7 training seminars and passed stringent written and case study evaluations.
Kristen has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, nursing degree, and a Master’s of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner. She has worked as a health care provider in family practice,urgent care, and functional medicine. Because she has formal training in western allopathic and functional medicine she is comfortable treating with traditional western medicine prescription medications as a bridge, when necessary, as root causes are uncovered through the functional medicine approach.
Kristen did her Master’s research on Compulsive Overeating and is comfortable and sensitive to those working to improve their relationship with food. Kristen doesn’t even have a scale in her office. She believes in, and has seen the benefit to her patients, utilizing the team approach to wellness. Kristen continues to place great emphasis and collaborate with her patient’s entire health care team which most importantly involves the patient as part of that team.
Her treatment approach includes involving and educating the patient (and family) at every step of the process from explaining body processes to lab results to what to expect. She believes that knowledge is power. New patient visit is 90 minutes. Follow up visits are 30 minutes.